“Your body is the map of my longing.”
And we can do the same thing if you wanna have at it.
When your thoughts can’t breathe and you thinking asthmatic.
And you wanna be a mom and I wasn’t mad at it.
I was thinking ‘bout me, I’d be really bad at it.
Cause I’m thinking ‘bout me, weeks in Dubai.
Fourth of July, house in Kauai, yeah we can try.
So let’s try.
I read this thinking wtf?? It took me a second to figure out. I actually have been having a pretty crappy “i’m-disappointed-and-feel-let-down-by-everyone” day, how did you know? Lol anyhow, this is the most strangest/sweetest ask I’ve ever gotten. Thank you.
I know terrible things happen in the world, all the time, but lately it just feels so much worse. I can’t take any more bad news. I just can’t. Yes natural disasters occur but Syria, Iraq, Nigeria, MH17, Ukraine and Russia, this is all man made. Doesn’t anyone just get sick of all this crap and misery that we all inflict on each other? I often think about why humans are so terrible to each other and why if there is a creator, we are made this way. I always have to conclude that either God doesn’t exist or that he does and that he is way more hopeful and benevolent that any of us could even begin to comprehend.
Because if humans were put here because we were chosen or because this is a test or experiment of some kind, than we are a big failure. And if I were the creator of a failed prototype the temptation to just wipe everything clean and start all over again would be really damn tempting.
I think I received an anon message previously from you about the whole soy for livestock consumption and grazing. But I ignored it, alongside a few other anon vegan messages I received. I mean common sense alone should tell you that if we all stop eating meat, we’re all going to start massively consuming soy. But I didn’t and I ignored that message.
Not because I wasn’t able to refute it. But because I don’t really give a shit. I just don’t want to turn my rather pointless blog into a pro or anti vegan debate.
My comments about soy production and Hitler, that was a devil’s advocate response to that anonymous troll who was mad because I don’t want to be like her and live on fifty bananas a day alone. Of course I don’t think vegans or vegetarians are evil. And I never once said that vegans and vegetarians were bad people. If you look at the previous posts tagged vegan right here, you can see that for yourself, quite the opposite actually.
I have nothing to say to you to be honest. Because I don’t want to waste time on people who are so ideologically driven that they do not care about reality. What’s even worse than this is those who are that ideologically driven and extreme about food! It’s just food! My diet suits me but I acknowledge that what works for me may not work for others. And I don’t spend time obsessing over what I put in my mouth. It’s food, it fuels me, that’s the purpose of it, nothing more.
Of all the injustices and suffering that is occurring in the world, that we eat animals is going to be your big battle. It’s first world privileged whiny Gwyneth Paltrow bullshit. And if that’s what you want to fight for, go for it. But your vision for the world, where we all live on fruit and vegetables, that is never going to happen.
Secondly, if you truly want to be vegan, it isn’t just diet. Choosing a lentil burger rather than a meat one and feeling righteous about it is easy. Do you know how many products have animal products in it or how many products are tested on animals or how most of scientific research is done on animals. In order for you to truly be a vegan, you’ll need to give up pretty much everything, not just food.
Thirdly, what you choose to put in your mouth doesn’t make you a more moral person. Because I’ve met vegans and vegetarians who do this to look and feel good, not because they feel morally inclined. Miss Freelee is one such example. She sells her fruitarian lifestyle by wearing a crop top that shows off her abs in every single video she has whilst talking about why she hates fat people all the while touting pseudo science about thigh gaps and having no period as indicators of good health. Oh and because she’s a such a class act, cancer victims who died because they ate meat.
And I’ve met vegans and vegetarians who don’t give a shit about people. Who will snatch food from the mouths of a poor fishing village or get righteous and mad about the buffalo being slaughtered by an indigenous tribe in Ethiopia. Never mind that people are starving and suffering and need to eat what they can access, let’s worry about that poor chicken.
I’m not going to waste anymore time responding to any posts about veganism by those who are anonymous. If you feel so strongly about this, have the guts to stand by what you say by not hiding behind that anonymous button.
There’s so much wrong in this world. So much that if I spend time thinking about it, I feel really sick to my stomach. What people eat isn’t one of them.
Am I the only one who gets kind of upset that Tumblr seems to care more about Nash Grier saying stupid shit than a civillian airplane most likely being shot with a missile and Israel basically invading Gaza? Maybe it’s because I’m Dutch and a lot of Dutch people died on that plane but it really just bothers me how selective Tumblr seems to be with what they freak out about.
No, I agree. If I were to look at my dash, I would think nothing was happening in the world.
So damn depressing and awful. I just want to crawl into bed and stay there.
I was tagged by perhapsperhapsperhaps50
Always post the rules
Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 10 new ones.
Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Actually tell them you tagged them.
Thank you Erin!
1. What is the best thing about you in five words or less? My Pride.
2. What is the worst thing about you in five words or less? My Pride.
3. What song can you listen to over and over and why? Ahh, that’s way too hard to answer. I guess if I had to choose one song which I love and always go back to, it would be Leif Erikson by Interpol. I’m not sure how others interpret the lyrics but to me it seems to be a song about a man singing about a woman who he is in love with who is very frustrating because she’s insecure and closed off and guarded and due to her low confidence is causing a rift in their relationship. He admits that he has a past which isn’t perfect either. And during the song he’s listing the ways she frustrates him and yet he still loves her and isn’t going anywhere. “You come here to me/We’ll collect those lonely parts and set them down”. Interpol fans might yell at me and say that’s now what the song means, but that’s my interpretation. And I don’t know why but that song moves me so much. Who doesn’t want to be in a relationship like that? Where you feel you can just put your burdens down and finally rest?
4. Describe your perfect day. Loud, thunderstorm weather. Being indoors. Big warm bed. Lots of X rated stuff with a guy I like. Occasional breaks to eat, read or just talk. Only occasional. The family friendly version would include hanging out my family and a few of my closest friends on one of the quieter beaches here. We normally do that every summer. We go to a quieter part of the coast, have a bbq,hang out and swim. I spend at least half the time laid out in the sun with a good book.
5. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be and why? This is going to sound boring but money. I would love to have enough that I never have to worry or feel limited financially. And I don’t need to be ultra rich to feel that way, my needs are simple. But it gives you so much freedom and choice.
6. If your life were a book or movie what would the title be? Lol I’d like to say my general username which is Eclectic Identity. But most likely the title would be Perpetually Stressed. Another great title would be The Fig Tree because that paragraph from the Bell Jar is scary accurate for me. And I don’t even like The Bell Jar that much.
7. If you could change a single moment in history, which one would it be? Noooo! I got this question last time. It’s so hard for me to answer that one. I can’t say. So much bad stuff has happened in history. How can I only choose one? I guess with the current situation with Palestine and Israel, I would like to try and pinpoint one event I could change that would result in them existing as two nations living side by side peacefully as that’s a historical conflict which has been on going and doesn’t seem likely to be ending anytime soon. But there’s no way to choose one event in history that could lead to a desired outcome. So yeah, I can’t answer that one, sorry :(
8. What five items MUST be in your shopping cart at the supermarket. Cucumbers. Oranges. Some kind of cheese. Chicken Breasts/Roast Chicken. Green tea (although I buy my tea from tea stores instead of supermarkets but whatever, green tea sounds better than butter).
9. Name five things that are on your bucket list. 1) Go on a world tour where I also volunteer in countries of need 2) Volunteer for at least a month in an elephant sanctuary 3) Learn to play the piano really well 4) Obtain a PhD 5) Take a writer’s course so that I can become a better writer and self publish a novel or a collection of short stories.
10. You’re having a dinner party, who would you invite? Dead or Alive. Another really hard one! There’s too many people I like to write down and at the same time I don’t care enough about anyone famous to even want to meet them. So I’m going to randomly blurt out the first 20 names that come to my head.
Aaliyah, Nana Asma’u, Nancy Wake, Malcolm X, Gough Whitlam, Jimmy Carter, Jose Mujica, Professor Robert Edwards, Donna Tartt, Richard Yates, Stephen King, Charles Dickens, Pablo Neruda, Dr Robert Atkins, Melinda Gates, Noam Chomsky, Angelina Jolie, Gillian Flynn, Stephen Colbert, Dave Chappelle. *shrugs*
No celebrity men that I’d want to have sex with is a rule because that would be more stressful than fun. Oh and I’d invite Justin Bieber for a one on one dinner. Because his meal would be poisoned :)
I’ve already tagged 11 people and done 10 questions on my other blog so I’m not sure if I have to to do it again. I’ll update this post later on. Sorry!
I never said they tried to pick me up. I said I got sent a flirty message. More of a compliment, really, but whatever.
And why would I feel the need to lie? Even if I did, it’s my blog, why would you even care enough to send me this? I’m not even sure what you’re trying to say here. That the idea of anyone flirting on goodreads is ridiculous or that the idea of anyone flirting with me is.
I agree with you on one part of your message though. You really are a troll :).
Two of my younger sisters (18 and 21) and I were lounging around after dinner. My mum comes up and starts nagging the 18 year old to clean her room. My sister then does something really shocking. She snaps back at my mum and tells her to fuck off.
My other sister and I are shocked. For some perspective, we come from a family where we aren’t even supposed to tell our elders to shut up, let alone fuck off. This is brand new territory and we have no idea how our mum is going to react. When we were younger if we swore we would have gotten smacked.
But this is what my Mum says instead:
"Oh, yeah? Why don’t you go and fuck yourself with that dildo of yours? Yeah, I know about that dildo in your drawer, I know what you get up to."
My 18 year old sister
So yeah, I have not been able to stop laughing, hours later. Today is the day my Mum transitioned from Immigrant parent to Australian parent.